Date(s) - 02/10/2018 - 08/10/2018
Phone No - firstname.lastname@example.org
Owner Name - Catalysts for Social Action
711,712, bhaveshwar archade annex, nityanand nagar, near shreyas cinema,ghatkopar west Mumbai Maharashtra 400070 India
DaanUtsav – CSA Plan 2018
Catalysts for Social Action(CSA) is a nonprofit organization with a mission to create a brighter future for children under institutional care. With an objective to create an awareness & importance of Joy of Giving CSA is running a Daan Utsav movement with complete participation of all 5 locations, CSA is working with that is Mumbai, Pune, Odisha, Goa & M.P.
Sharing a few glimpses of the plan:
Children living in CCIs are always receivers. From the day they are admitted to CCI they were given whatever is minimum required for them. The volunteers or the people visit them usually treat them as receivers. Children never had an opportunity to experience the giving or the joy of giving. So this upcoming Joy of giving week will be celebrated in two CCI’s in Goa where the CCI children will be playing the role of a giver and will experience the joy of giving.
So on Tuesday 2nd October 2018 & Saturday 7th October 2018 CSA’s Goa team is going to take Children from Valentins Little Heaven & Childrens from Bethesda Life Center to Special Need Children School – Gujrati Samaj Spl School- Margoa/old age home Margaon).
After that Children cleans the nearby Market on 2nd October – Santacruz market. Children will also carry some IEC (information, Education and Communication) materials to distribute to public to create awareness about clean environment/waste management. Through this activity children will give their time and energy for the society.
Pune team planned a Donor Meet at BVJSS (individual and corporate) for a day for 3 hours during
Joy of Giving:
• Children will get to present their talent through a dance performance.
• We will create awareness session on our Nutrition project- Project Poshan for the donor to show the importance of healthy & nutritious food for these children, we will ask them to pick any one or 2 portions of the Poshan Project element:
• Like sponsoring a day’s milk 150 ML to all the 320 kids.
• Nutritious Breakfast for a day per child
• One fruit to 320 kids
This event is planned on 7th Oct 11.30-2.00 pm.
It has been said there is no big Daan as “Anna Daan” (Feed someone).
Sometimes children don’t value what they receive so with an objective to create the sense of giving CSA’s Mumbai team has taken an initiative.
We are going to take children to some important places where they could realize the importance of humanity and giving.
• Children’s engagement with Cancer Hospital, Advanced centre for Treatment research & Education in Cancer ( ACTREC) – Children will tie a joy of giving band, give Drawing books & crayons with snacks & shower love & affection on them.
• Our children will visit our services system like Fire bride , bank , traffic police just to make them feel special by giving them thank you cards , sweets , small gifts.
Odisha location is doing multiple activities which will surely create an impact.
We have planned 3 activities at Kalahandi & Kandhamal , with 2 activities at Bhawanipatna.
• Fruit box installation- To create awareness about what is daan utsav & its concept & to promote donate fruits instead of donating fast food & sweats
• Book box installation-So that children receives some back to school material.
• Paint a wall- Every wall shows a message & Children gets an opportunity to show their talent as well.
• Self defence training- Our children will donate their time & skill train others for self defence.
• The street store- Cloths will be collected from Community, school & college by Children and will be donated to needy people on a stall.
M.P location wish to educate children and on the occasion of Joy of giving wish to share some knowledge by celebrating The mentoring Day.
CSA will be inviting some great people who will guide these children for their better career .
Not just educating children but we have also decided to fulfill all the wishes of our children this time. We are going to put up a physical wish tree at Corporate houses and create awareness of Joy of Giving among people.