Date(s) - 02/10/2019 - 08/10/2019
Phone No - 011-26972351, 41401216
Owner Name - Goonj
This year for Goonj’s Annual ‘Dil ki Suno.Kuch Karo’ campaign (for Daan Utsav) we will be in 25 cities across India. These cities are:
16. Navi Mumbai
In September, Goonj is organizing volunteer meets across these cities.
Right now, Goonj is working across 8 states with people badly hit by the recent monsoon
floods. We ask every citizen of the country to stand with these people, in their difficult hour.
This is an opportunity to involve yourself and your connects and respond to the situation,
that’s not got much attention unlike other disasters in the past…
The campaign this year will focus on the aspect of Material, Money, Me and Experiential learning.
People/Institutes can participate in the campaign as below..
– By Organising collection drives (In-house / Public ) in their residential areas/ offices/ schools/ colleges/ institutions etc. Register here – https://forms.gle/YjR4SLsFCw2nNvZi6 to organise the collection drive
– By arranging material in BULK
Following are the 5 things we need urgently:
– Cotton cloth for making MY Pads (targeting 6,00,000 units this year)
– Woolens for the neglected disaster of winter (for thousands of winter kits for upcoming winter)
– School material including stationary, toys, school bags, shoes, regional language books, notebooks. (for lakhs of school Kits in thousands of small village schools across India, especially flood hit schools)
– Sarees and children clothing;
– Dry ration and tarpaulins for flood hit regions.
Most people, when they think of Goonj, think of material.. and indeed Goonj has turned urban surplus into a new powerful currency for hardcore development work. BUT with Material, Money Matters.. For logistics, rents, salaries, transportation costs etc. Without money reaching material to people who most need it, is becoming increasingly challenging. Refer https://goonj.org/joy-of-giving-daan-utsav-money/
for more details
Goonj is a platform for people to contribute in terms of time, efforts & skills. Daan Utsav is an opportunity for you to devote yourself for some time by volunteering and interning for a cause. Refer https://goonj.org/joy-of-giving-daan-utsav-me/ for more details
Many people who contribute their material to Goonj want to know what do we do with it.. We are opening up our work fully – in the cities, in our processing centers and across the villages of India. While in the cities, you can do the collections,
– Experience the processing of material through sorting, packaging and loading material at our processing centers;
– Travel to nearest village and engage in our flagship initiative – ‘Cloth for Work’ for a day
Now more than ever before, each one of us must play our role in the society we live in, to
make it a better world. Do write to email@example.com with your queries on how you
would like to participate and ensure that you have done your bit.